Dublin Community Bands Solo Competition Information DEADLINE SOON
Honor Credit Students: This would be an easy way of completing a Tier Two Requirement. For all other students, this is a good PREVIEW for your OMEA solo. And it doesn't hurt to win some "cash" if you are one of the top soloists....
PLEASE ALSO NOTE: This is free (fee refunded) for anyone that participates at the January 25 OMEA competition.
High School Competition Date: Saturday, January 11, 2020
(morning, early afternoon)
High School Application Deadline: December 20, 2019
High School Competition Location: Dublin Community Church, 81 W. Bridge St., Dublin, OH
Middle School Competition Date: Friday, March 27, 2020 (late afternoon, early evening)
Middle School Application Deadline: March 6, 2020
Middle School Competition Location: Buckeye Brass and Winds, 202 N. Chillicothe St, Plain City, OH
- Who is Eligible: Dublin middle and high school woodwind, brass, and percussion musicians – grades 6-12
- Cash Awards: 1st place - $200, 2nd place - $125, 3rd place - $75
- Awards in both divisions (middle school and high school)
- Application Fee: $20 (refundable if soloist is registered as soloist for OMEA S&E Contest).
- Applications not completed online must be mailed, with $20 check or money order (payable to Dublin Community Bands) to Steven Vrooman, DCBYSC Chair; 1803 Timberline Drive; Springfield, OH 45504.
- If you need additional materials, please let me know. I have attached pdf files of the competition materials and they are available online at www.dublinbands.com/DCBYSC
Solo and Ensemble (Reynoldsburg Summitt Campus): Jan. 25
Jazz Band Concert at DCHS: Jan. 28
Jazz Band at Private Function in Dublin: Feb. 21
Jazz Band - Essentially Ellington Competition at the University of Cincinnati: Feb. 22
All Concert Bands perform at DCHS: Feb. 27
Symphonic Band (Mr. Bradstreet's group) OMEA Contest: March 13
St. Patrick's Day Parade - All Marching Band Members: March 14